3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26423 Post(s)
Liked 10,380 Times in 7,208 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio
Well, if you are gonna troll people around here you are going to get something back for your efforts. But as far as I have been reading your posts you have not yet brought anything really useful to the table. Just babbling really. And of course the world shaking anecdotal stuff which will of course turn our heads immediately. OR, perhaps when we are actually trying to go with scientific stuff here, like statistics and reports etc. anecdotal stuff has no value what so ever. But for the hell of it, I'm gonna do a few just for the entertainment value.

first off a friend of mine got beaten up with a golf club. A two iron, which is the longest and heaviest of the iron clubs. It has a largeish metal head with wedges and sharp edges all over. Practically a perfect tool for perforating the skull. He got a full head on blow thrown by a drug addict full power on the back of the head. You could tell the guy had some strength because the other blow he got really did some damage. The second blow to the shoulder blade tore open the skin to the bone. As I recall he also got several punches to the head by two different fellows and several kicks to the head and a few kicks and punches in random other places. He should be dead right?
Nope, no severe head trauma, just a small cut where the club hit him and of course bruises and the gaping wound on his back. No broken bones and no concussion.

This is to prove that anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. You might think that since the situation was severe enough and enough parameters were fulfilled it actually counts for something it actually counts for absolutely nothing. If a helmet broke it doesn't mean _anything_! If a helmet compressed and stayed intact it still doesn't mean _anything_! Only when properly analyzed and controlled data fills a statistic does the single evidence do any difference and that is as a part of the bigger picture.

So let's just stop the anecdotal stuff shall we. It doesn't take this discussion anywhere.

Thanks for the advice..........I must have missed that the helment thread was "going somewhere". Mea maxima culpa.

Please, please, please PM me when someone "proves" something here, because I wouldn't want to miss it.​