Old 06-14-13, 07:38 PM
david58

Bikes: Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02, Surly Krampas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Condorita
To those who insist an Age Ride must be a Birthday Ride, too (or a Birthday Ride an Age Ride), I say: pffffffffffffffft! Ride however many miles or kilometers are feasible on your birthday; ride your age when it's a good day to do it. If they coincide, cool! But see my post in another thread why I am unlikely to combine Age Rides with Birthday Rides.
Well, age rides are easy yet, as I am only 55. But was trying to make it ceremonial this year, since the double nickel, is, well, the double nickel.

As it is, I am off the bike for more than 6 weeks for anything but short easy rides. May just use the trainer instead...I have to drive to anything easy, since I live at the top of the hill.

Treatment plan has me in therapy a LOT. But the xrays did show that my back muscles in general are well developed, whether from supporting my gut or cycling the jury is out. At least the time spent back and forth, mileage to get there and back, etc, gets covered by the "pain and suffering" part of the insurance. But, dangit, I would rather be riding every day and in the mountains on the bike than dreaming about it and shining the steed with a rag...

At least getting hit by someone on the cell phone in a car has less severe consequences than if I'd been on a bike....