Old 06-15-13, 07:48 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
June 15th (19,406)

It's been just over a month since I last posted a summary, so this list has 16 entries which go back to May 12th.

The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc. can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com

-----------------------------------

Tandems of the Ozarks Rally, Republic, MO, July 26-28

John White from the Springbike Tandems of the Ozarks (Springbike TOO), dropped us a note to let us know that, in addition to forming a new South Missouri-based tandem club, they are also opening up their annual “Tandem Social” to … Continue reading → Read more…

Tandem Bikes & Hollywood

I stumbled over an interesting web site called “Ride a Bike” that has a large photo collection of celebrities posing with or on bicycles. I shamelessly poached the ones that included tandems, triplets & quads because, well…. I’m a … Continue reading → Read more…

A Visit to MTB Tandems in Woodstock, Georgia

Last Saturday Debbie and I paid our first visit to Alex Nutt’s “new” MTB Tandems shop just off of I-575 at the Sixes Road exit in Woodstock, Georgia. The address is: 221 Rope Mill Pkwy Suite 2, Woodstock, GA 30114. Sadly, … Continue reading → Read more…

Vero Beach PANTHERS Ride Report, by Kathy Foster

Once again we are pleased to share a Florida PANTHERS Post-Event Report from our guest contributor Kathy Foster, the PANTHER’s publicity chair. Several times a year, the Florida PANTHERS get together for a weekend of riding in a different place. There … Continue reading → Read more…

Random Thoughts From the Breezeway….

Well, let’s see, how about some random thoughts for yet another day where I find myself trying to get healthy and am otherwise forcing myself to relax… Being Sick is the Pits: Still under the weather, but off the DayQuil … Continue reading → Read more…

Sidelined On Another Beautiful Saturday & Making The Best of It

Yup, no Two-Up-Love with my sweetie today… tandem or motorcycle. Still struggling with sinus / balance issues but there’s now light at the end of the tunnel: I’m now on an antibiotic. So, hopefully the drugs will take down the … Continue reading → Read more…

20th Anniversary: 9 Day, 2-Up Pedal & Power Trek or a Cruise???

As our 20th anniversary approaches we have a 9-day window over the 4th of July week when Debbie will be able to take some time off. Otherwise, it’s a dry stretch until the Southern Tandem Rally in the fall. We … Continue reading → Read more…

Long-Weekend Re-Cap: If Only….

I knew I was in trouble heading into a long, 4-day weekend when I realized I was coming down with a case of the spring crud Thursday afternoon at work. I was absolutely wiped-out, coughing and feeling a bit feverish. … Continue reading → Read more…

Tandem Tech & Equipment: In Praise of Conventional Wheels

I can honestly say it was really nice riding on our 36°conventional wheelset during last Sunday’s 65-mile Tour de Cure event. Nice, because (a) they delivered a great ride and (b) I never gave them a second thought. While conventional … Continue reading → Read more…

Tandem Tech & Equipment: Chain Wax & Rain Don’t Mix

Yes, I’m one of the old-school riders who still uses a hot-melt paraffin wax bath to lubricate the chains on our bicycles. Why? Good question. I suspect it falls into the realm of “cleanliness is next to Godliness” and ”old habits … Continue reading → Read more…

Tandem Tech & Equipment: Selle An-Atomica Titanico Saddles

Ok, lets shift gears here for a moment away from wheels to talk about something near and dear to our derrières: saddles and in particular the Selle An-Atomica Titanico. So as not to keep readers in suspense, here’s the bottom … Continue reading → Read more…

Tandem Tech & Equipment: Composite Spoked Wheel Retirement

Our Georgia Tandem Rally (GTR) weekend yielded some interesting discussions, discoveries and anecdotes covering a number of different tandem technology & equipment topics. So, this will be the first in a series of Tandem Tech / Equipment blog entries since … Continue reading → Read more…

Georgia Tandem Rally 2013; The All-In-One Report

Well, this may be a first: a tandem rally report without any “action” photos that prove we actually attended GTR!! Somehow we ended up sneaking our way through the Georgia Tandem Rally in Covington, Georgia without being captured in any … Continue reading → Read more…

2013 Tour de Cure: Post Ride Report

Yes, we did in fact successfully complete the 2013 Tour de Cure event yesterday! Mother Nature tried her best to keep us and hundreds of other riders from making it to the finish, but we persevered!! As a recap on our fund-raising, … Continue reading → Read more…

Mark Fest, Part Deux…

Right on the heels of our Key West Trip, Debbie Fest and Bike Week in Panama City Beach came Mark Fest. Yes, that means my sweet Debbie and I were both born under the astrological sign of Taurus; hey, it … Continue reading → Read more…

A Great Week of Tandem Riding As We Gear-Up For Next Weekend!

Wow, we had a great week where we were able to get out on the tandem bike four times! In previous years that wouldn’t have seemed like a big deal, but with the weather we’ve had this year it’s been a real challenge to get in any riding. … Continue reading → Read more…