View Single Post
Old 06-17-13, 10:21 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
In this situation, the cars turning left will want to hug the left, the cars turning right will want to hug the right, Me on the bike wanting to go straight across to the fence, I would enjoy the stripe of paint in the middle.
This, but. . .

What I don't understand is why go "straight". There is a solid fence on Pacific Blvd. No way to go "straight" Either you are turning left into the bike lane. I'm OK with that. You could be turning right onto the bike lane and salmoning it. I condone this only in the event you are "transitioning" to a driveway or alley way. I don't see any there. The only scenario I see than makes sense is you are cutting over to turn left onto Pacific Place. In this event I would get into the center of the right turn lane, turn right onto Pacific Blvd, then merge to the center and turn left onto Pacific Pl.

Or you could be going for the sidewalk. Your choice, but I prefer to ride faster than is safe on sidewalks.

Last edited by CommuteCommando; 06-17-13 at 10:27 AM.