johnnybutts - I've only skimmed your posts, but what i've surmised is you're:

restricting calories
trying to build form
drinking water and coffee all day
training in heat
throwing up from efforts
not performing to your expected wattage levels
dont think you're over reaching on 8 hrs./week

i also think you started an i love beer thread a while ago.

you can restrict calories and build form, but in my experience, it's tough. the calories have to be good ones with a purpose; good carbs and lots of 'em, good protein, and some fat; and lots of vegetables for the minerals and other vitamins they contain, as well as the water they contain. alcohol is not a good caloric consumption and dehydrates you, it, along with sweets like ice cream, oreos, chocolate, etc. should be avoided.

coffee is a diuretic and dehydrates you. so is iced tea, i think all you southerners drink that crap.

throwing up from heat is heat exhaustion, and starting to teeter over to heat stroke, which is a 9-1-1 medical emergency. people die from heat stroke. you should adjust your training to avoid barfing from efforts that you think are prompted by heat. a good strategy that allot of racers use is to double up your rides. do your "work" in the early morning, blast out your intervals, etc., then do a 1 hr. or so ez ride in the hot part of the day so that your body acclimates to the heat that you'll be racing in.

anyone could over train on 8 hrs./week with lots of intensity especially if restricting calories and in a state of dehydration. your body just cant recover from the stress you're putting on it. I would bet $1 of mine, plus rkwaki's girly beemer that that's why your wattages are not where you want them to be.