View Single Post
Old 06-21-13, 10:30 AM
cheeze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfred
4 hole, like factory compatible with speedplay? You can probably get Bont's drilled for whatever pattern you would like and they have lasts to size 51 or 52. But, you may be dealing with a custom build from them for that size and configuration. Shimano and Sidi also make shoes to 52. But, not with speedplay drillings.

Yes, factory speedplay. I took a look and it does seem I would have to go with a custom build, which is a bit out of my price range. Shimano and Sidi are all I've really found.. I just cracked the sole of my current Shimanos, but will probably go with Sidi if I can't find a native 4 hole shoe.

Originally Posted by catonec
if you need the 4 hole pattern for speedplays, they come with an adapter that converts the 3 hole shoe to a 4 hole. You can buy it from the speedplay site if you lost the original or never got one to start.
I've been using an adapter so far, but was hopeful I could take advantage of the mythical stack height reduction since I need new shoes anyway.

Originally Posted by topflightpro
Lake offers a four hole shoe. Not sure about Size 16 though.

I don't believe they make 16s or that's what I would be getting.

Originally Posted by clydeosaur
Man, I thought I had it bad trying to find 14's.... I feel for you.
I appreciate this, it's hard enough finding 16s in regular shoes, let alone a sport not really known for giants.