View Single Post
Old 06-24-13, 08:12 AM
ChuckHubbert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do. I am under a doctors care and medication. I've been to counseling to help me sort things out and get a better perspective. But here's why I'm replying; just this morning I had a "bad" ride. The legs were just not cooperating. My wife was encouraging me and told me that our two kids that are still at home had been telling her how much better I am doing since I committed to cycling, eating well, etc. I've been on meds for about a year, but they are noticing this change in the last 3-4 months. I had a counselor tell me early on that I need to get "walking and water", meaning to make sure to get exercise and drink lots of water.

I don't know if I can give you any advice other than to get other people involved. Does your doctor have any ideas why the meds aren't helping? Do you see a counselor? If not, I'd recommend it. One thing that I learned was the meds helped my responses to situations and circumstances, but that the situations and circumstances were still there. A counselor might be able to help with ideas on how to either change those situations or help you change your perspective about them.

Sign up for a group ride, a charity ride, or something to shoot and work for and to get you back on the bike. That's what got me going this spring, at least.