View Single Post
Old 06-26-13, 05:32 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Winfried
Hello

I'll be in London for a few days next week before heading up North, and would like to take the opportunity to visit some good bike stores in the city to check things out, including stores that sell Bromptons, as I might buy one in the fall.

Also, I know my way around a bit after spending a week there in 2011, but if you know of great bike rides in and around the city, I'm interested

Thank you.
London is a big place, was there any particular part of London you're interested in.

If you're in the area it would be rude not to ride around Richmond Park, there are usually a few cyclists doing laps or criss-crossing or just passing through. You don't have to go far to play in the Surrey Hills and take in some of the routes used by the Olympic route. Parts of the Olympic Time Trial can be fun to ride as well, although annoyingly nobody closes the road for me when I want to ride it.