Old 06-30-13, 10:34 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by PlanoFuji
Free piece of paper (which will always be with you outside of home) or a $15+ dollar bracelet that you might not have... To each their own.

BTW, you don't carry a phone either?
well the whole purpose of medical ID bracelets, and this Road ID is so that people who find you, be in pedestrians or first responders, can find that info quick - they know exactly where to look - instead of "roll him over lets get to his wallet and sift through these tiny pieces of paper to find the information we need."

I'm pretty conscious about what I take with me on every ride or commute - double check the night before, and double check in the morning before i head out to make sure I have everything. I've very OCD and have an in-mind checklist. Plus, something like the ID bracelet would never leave the proximity of my bike. It'd either be in my trunk bag, or my saddle bag, ready to go.

and yes i carry a phone. on my commute it's in my trunk bag. again - not someplace a rescuer is going to look. It does have an ICE contact entry, but like I said, that info is right on the bracelet, name & #, without having to scroll through my phones address book, etc.
on weekend pleasure rides, my phone is in my saddle bag.