Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 616 Posts
Originally Posted by teufelhunden222
Well sorry if I was being a bit of an ass. I have not been in a very pleasent mood since yesterdays ride. I just don't want to fail horribly on race day #1 . Since I can't seem to find any good information on the fitness level required , or minimum speed, etc. I am trying to optimize the only varible I can really control. As far as the list thing. why wouldnt I try to be as prepared as possible? I do not think I put anything to out of touch on there, and all of it makes sense. If you think something on the list is foolish so be it. But to be laughing at the fact that I am making one is just plain obtuse.
You have control over plenty of variables:

Training, nutrition, body fat %, tactics, sleep, recovery, race day planning ....

Those will have 99.8 % affect on the outcome of your races. Same goes for the rest of us.

Are you currently riding with faster riders to learn pacing ? Practicing pacelines ? Learning about your body's reaction to stress ? Sprinting ? Comfortable drafting ? blah blah ...... Did you read the "new to racing" sticky at the top of the page ? Did you watch the posted race videos of other newbies and read the comments ?

Nothing wrong with optimal equipment, just don't fool yourself about the effect it will have.

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 06-30-13 at 05:59 PM.