Old 07-02-13, 10:42 PM
kabex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dahon Mu Uno Gates CenterTrack WeightWeenie Conversion?

Hi all

I've been meaning to get a folder for quite a while now, I'm currently riding a Trek District Belt-Drive, and I LOVE it.

I can't go back to a chain, ever. I thought about getting a folder with some decent upgradeability and I just read a thread about a guy here who converted a Mu Uno to a 2-speed belt driven bike. It was AWESOME.

I got an idea, is it possible with the new CenterTrack technology to keep the stock wheels and go down to a 19 tooth and make it a rideable gearing? The new CenterTrack thing allows for a lower 19 tooth cog instead of 22 like the previous one(at least that's what I think):

Here's their gear inches calculator (60 tooth front, 19 tooth rear, 20" wheels)

With that gearing you get 22-25kph @80-90rpm, pretty decent. I don't need more than that.

Another thing is that I'd want to get some Kinetix wheels (1000g for the set) + light seat post/saddle and maybe some light bars.

I think it'd be possible to bring it down to 8kg or lower easy (10kg stock minus 2kg+ for some kojaks, kinetics, lighter seatpost and saddle).

Can I use the 19 tooth centertrack cog on these wheels?
http://www.premiumbikegear.com/speci...ear-wheel.html

I'd want to do the belt drive conversion first then go for the lighter parts of course. A cool idea would be the Sram Automatix Coaster Brake hub with no brakes(although it weighs some 1.1kg, so a bit of a weight penalty).

What do you guys think?