Old 09-15-05, 06:28 AM
trackhub

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Today, two responses:
"To the wife of the biking teacher: Roads weren’t created for bikes. Tell him to use sidewalks."
and
"Lady, we don’t care about your husband riding a bicycle. He’d better watch where he’s going or he’ll be a hood ornament."
Attitudes like these make Boston drivers look polite by comparison. The first statement is incorrect, as we all know. The bicycle was the dominant mode of transportation on public roadways decades before the first model T rolled off the assembly line. That's a fact. For more information on this, do a google search on "Good Roads Movement", or "Horatio Earle". He was a League of American wheelmen president, and leader of the good roads movement.

That aside, this is another in a seemingly endless supply of horror stories about cycling in Atlanta. I've never been to Atlanta. Don't think I'll go there either.

On Gasoline Rationing: It's been done before in this country. Gas was rationed during WWII, based on need. Check your grandparents attics, basements, etc. There's probably a rationing coupon book stashed somewhere.