Old 07-04-13, 11:10 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by JakiChan
This stomping you're doing is more stress on the clothes than a proper hand wash. (And if you're going to be anal, that's what they want you to do. Hand wash. Not foot wash.) Also, what exactly is in your shampoo? Or your conditioner? How do you know those chemicals are not damaging the properties of your clothes? Further more since you're not really soaking things with a proper detergent then I'd be wary of bacteria on the chamois.

Call me +4 for gentle cycle, front load, hang dry.
Just noticed this one...

Touring cyclists have been using all sorts of different detergents to wash their clothes for ages. We used shampoo for bodywash and washing clothes and -- wait for it -- washing the dishes. Conversely, I've used dish washing detergent to wash dishes, to shower with and -- wait for it -- to do the laundry!

Touring cyclists have been doing this for ages, and the shorts I refer to in an earlier post have been treated no differently. They've been through the mill, so to speak, and have come out the other side fine.

People get all tied up in knots about what soap or detergent to use for their clothes and every other darned things in their lives. In my experience, it really doesn't matter. Except for dish-washing machine detergent. And if you have allergies to some varieties of soap/detergents.