Old 07-05-13, 03:29 PM
eofelis 
The Rock Cycle

Bikes: Salsa Vaya Ti, Specialized Ruby, Gunnar Sport, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon, Novara Randonee x2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
Good. I'm sure you will be much happier. As others said, it's not so much the standover height as just good overall fit and comfort that matters. The small size will feel better. There's nothing worse in my opinion than trying to push a bike that's too big around on rides whether it's cornering and handling, climbing, or just riding along the flats.
A couple of weeks ago I rode in a small group ride with some riders I never met before. One of the riders had a brand new LHT Deluxe (S&S couplers) built up beautifully ($$$) by a local LBS. I oohed and ahhed over it. Then when she got on it I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was waaaayyyyy too big for her. She had almost no extra seatpost showing and was reaching down for the pedal at the downstroke. It's a damn shame that the LBS let her out the door on a frame that I thought was about 2 sizes too big. (I have had 3 Surly bikes and I know they run large.)
Novara Randonee x2
Motobecane Fantom CXX
Jamis Dakar XCR