View Single Post
Old 07-05-13, 05:23 PM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuji_owner
I was curious as to how many, if any, gay (open or closeted) riders were in this year's TdF. Not that it matters, but with a handful of pro athletes in other sports coming out in recent years, I've never read or heard about a pro cyclist coming out or rumored to be gay/lesbian.

Now, just to be clear, this question in no way relates to my own sexual preferences, not that there's anything wrong with that but I was curious if there is diversity in the biking world.

A related question: Do you personally know a gay/lesbian cyclist? I haven't come across one yet. Everyone in the Forum seems to be a single or a happily married hetero.

Cheers!
Personally I care very little about who a sportsman or sportswoman chooses to share a bed with. I'll follow someone based on their abilities on the bike rather than their sexual prowess.

As for gay cyclists, I'm not aware that any cyclists I know personally are gay (it's not something I tend to ask people, because it makes no difference to me), but use another forum where two of the female members are reasonably open about being in a relationship with each other.