View Single Post
Old 07-07-13, 04:56 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5791 Post(s)
Liked 2,581 Times in 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaywalk3r
It wasn't you who said it. B. Carfree seems to be concerned that additional bicycle infrastructure will force him off the road, but there isn't any reason to believe that to be the case.
I don't know what you need for warning signs, but all over the USA states and localities are passing "must use" laws where there are cycle paths. This is a new and growing trend, but I guess some people won't see it until all state have must use laws, and then decide that shared use of roads just isn't safe.

If the rational for separate cycle infrastructure is safety, then by logical extension it makes sense to get bikes off the roads altogether --- for the cyclists own good.

I'm not categorically opposed to cycle infrastructure, but we need to be clear when and why it should be built, lest we fall into a trap of our own making.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.