View Single Post
Old 07-07-13, 07:05 PM
ka0use

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
I don't know what kind of front shocks you have but I believe that Raleigh is a cross country and they didn't come stock with the best dampening shocks. That would be a piece of cake on a full suspension however. But if you are determined it tends to work best if you only use the back brake to slow down and keep your weight back. I would practice on a few shorter ones first however. But then many of my friends are down hill riders and that is like being dropped off the face of a cliff.
i don't guess my bike is rated for cliffs. the fork has one elastomer shock. the other side is a dummy (oh, i heard you- 'and there is a dummy on the seat').

maybe i could borrow a really good bike (sacrifice a sketchy friendship) or rent one. can you get insurance on rental bikes?

i did check the steps for evidence of previous efforts. no bloodstains, bone chunks or brain matter, or bike parts, but we have had some heavy rains lately.

i made a cam mount for the fork. not sure if there'd be much to see-
a sudden drop, then lotsa vibration, the sound of duh-duh-duh-duh-duh (voice) rapidly repeated, maybe some screams, cursing if there's time,
crunching, then a sideways view of....something.

i just posted a note in bmx.

Last edited by ka0use; 07-07-13 at 07:29 PM.