View Single Post
Old 07-09-13, 03:51 AM
Savvy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gear shifting problem?

I just got this bike a few weeks ago, its 3 front gears and 7 rear gears. I didn't notice the issue until I compared the gear number on the shifter to where the chain actually is after hearing an odd clicking sound.

After some experimenting with the chain I found that starting from gear 7 shifting down to gear 6 doesn't change the gear and you hear this annoying click after trying to. Now the shifter indicates gear 6 even though its still on gear 7, I shift down again and the chain goes to onto gear 5 while the shifter is indicating gear 6. I shift down again, and the same clicking sound happens and the chain doesn't move so the shifter is indicating gear 5. I try to shift down again and again the clicking persists and the chain doesn't move, so the indicator is on gear 4 now while the chain is still on gear 5. I shift down once more and the chain jumps to gear 3 while the indicator is on gear 4.

I have absolutely no idea whats going on, and this is all the more frustrating because its a new bike I spent 500 bucks on.