Old 07-10-13, 03:20 PM
DIMcyclist
No longer active

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
Crompton's for a beer! Been there, done that. BTW. I remember where I got my speeding ticket. It was in Sugarhouse Park. Where, apparently, they have a slow speed limit and I was exceeding it. Not hard to do. But that was also many years ago, probably 1975 or so. I hear you on the crazy youth stunts. Crashed badly one time coming down Big Cottonwood when my front tubular blew and I ended up losing control at speed, and much flesh. That was the descent that spooked me, for life. No wonder I guess.

BTW, back then one of my favorite rides was City Creek Canyon when they used to close it off to cars twice a week. I rode that canyon twice a week for several years.
A fun, spooky descent. Spent a lot of time up there.
That'd freak the crap outta me, man-- you can really get up to whoop-di-do speeds in Big Cottonwood. Still- that must have been great back when there was less traffic in the canyon.

As for City Creek, I used to live in West Capitol, so from there to the U. was pretty much my morning ride from mid-May to mid-October. Millcreek & Red Butte were also nice, especially around sunset.