Old 07-10-13, 04:19 PM
illdthedj

Bikes: klein quantum, litespeed tuscany, bianchi pista concept, centurion comp ta, centurion super le mans, traitor ringleader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ive been thru dozens of different saddles....

my advice is figuring out (roughly) the width between your sitbones.
some people have thin hips, some have wide.

you'll notice on saddle specs the manufacturer typically lists the saddle's width...will probably look like 130, or 144, or 155...something like that.

thru sheer trial and error, i found the saddles most comfortable for me were the wider ones....like the 155 specialized toupe (i think it comes in different widths other than 155)
it also happens to have a cutout.

i was getting numb taint on rides longer than 40 miles, and thats basically because i was on a super skinny fizik arione (130 width)....instead of the sitbones sitting on the saddle and taking the weight of one's body, the sitbones were sitting on the edge or off the saddle, and the weight was being placed on the taint/junk area instead.

so long story short, maybe you have wide sitbones like me, and maybe look into a wider saddle (or wider saddle + cutout)

a Brooks b17 might be a good choice, since they are wide AND made of leather, which will eventually comform and mold to your butt.

also, the Fizik's come in roughly three shapes, the arione, antares, and aliante....in order of width and shape (arione slimmer/longer for moving around on the saddle, aliante wider...for staying in place...i guess) anywho FYI the Fizik's also come in VS versions....(like aliante VS)....the difference in the VS versions is that they have a "dip" or canal thru the middle (roughly acting as a cutout)

i have an aliante VS as well, and i find it very comfy.