Old 07-11-13, 03:13 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,585 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
inherited co2 inflator and bringing it on family camping trip, so I'm catching up with a little research. please excuse my ignorance. I realize it's one tank per tire but can't you inflate until you think you are close, stop, check with gauge, then inflate more if nec? don't inflators have a way to stop inflation without losing what's left in the tank?
Some do have a way to partly use a cartridge, stop and finish, some don't. However many fiund that even if the unit is supposed to work that way, it doesn't always work out.

There's also the issue of seating, and the possibility of having to bleed ressure, reseat and fill anew. I strongly suggest a hand pump of some kind as a back up, and you can use that for the seating inflation up to 10-20psi, then if all is OL to finish with CO@.

If time is critrical, (tri-athlete in a race) and/or you have confidence that your tires seat right every time, then a straight shot with CO2 is fine.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.