Old 07-11-13, 07:55 PM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by revchuck
First kinda job offer today. I had questions after the call, and they had closed up shop for the day, so I'll hopefully get stuff clarified tomorrow morning. If it works out, I'll be in Lebanon (the one next to Israel) by the end of the month.
You're a spook aren't you?

Good luck to all in the job dept. My B-I-N just got hired on at one of the big cellular providers...took 6 weeks of back and forth because of (gasp) a moving violation on his DMV report.

Sara and I were both "pilot error" right after the 777 hit. Impact marks were pretty clear that it was a short landing; and short of some giant systemic failure that's a pretty hard thing to do these days in a jetliner. While I was pretty sad at two teenagers dying it's hard not to be amazed at such a low fatality rate in a crash like this.

A huge part of it was luck (a few feet shorter and there would have been bits all over the place) but the FAA is pretty active on the design side regulations. I've seen more than a few "after" non-regulated aircraft that crashed. Much smaller pieces.

Part of me wants it to come out that it was caused by some cell phone user ignoring the switch off instructions.

I kid. Sort of.