View Single Post
Old 07-12-13, 07:22 PM
groth
astro

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, '72, Bianchi Volpe, '97 (no more, it died), Greenspeed GTVS6, '05, Trek 520, '13

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Timtruro
Clean it up and weld that chainstay, the Bianchi will be stronger than ever. Meanwhile, pics of the new Trek would be nice.
OK - here are some pics (now that I have the bike!) - first, me with the new bike. Second, getting ready to go on the first ride. In the rain!

I moved things like the mirror, blinkie, trunk bag, handle bar bag, water bottles, and most importantly, the saddle from the old bike. Turns out the handle bar is much fatter than the old one. My GPS mount wouldn't fit.

As far as bike fit, it fits fine. The old one was a 58 cm, the new is 57. It needed a longer stem than what was on it when it was in the display. Now, it basically has all the same dimensions as the old one.

As far as welding the stay - maybe. I have a whole bunch of spares and tools that will be useless with the new bike, so maybe things will show up on ebay or maybe I'll actually look into repairing the frame.

- Ed