Old 07-12-13, 07:43 PM
turbo1889
Transportation Cyclist

Bikes: Too many to list, some I built myself including the frame. I "do" ~ Human-Only-Pedal-Powered-Cycles, Human-Electric-Hybrid-Cycles, Human-IC-Hybrid-Cycles, and one Human-IC-Electric-3way-Hybrid-Cycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by northernlights
Duh it's called a drive-thru for a reason. Not a ride-thru or walk-thru.
Originally Posted by gerald_g
There is one difference between bicycles and other two wheeled vehicles (motorbikes etc) that a company may be considering. (I can't read their corporate minds, but maybe...) Motor vehicles are expected to carry some type of insurance. Collision, liability etc.

Pedestrians and cyclist do not have this (skateboarders, roller bladers, etc.)

The policy may be based on the idea of a customer having insurance on their vehicle of choice or not having it.

(a bit of a guess, but may have some influence)

Both of you either didn't even watch the video or conveniently forgot the wording at the very end. Motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, etc . . . are okay in their drive through. Both of which are "ride through" rather then "drive through" just like bicycles, and contrary to the false information being spread by one of you in most states are NOT required to carry liability insurance just like bicycles and the operator is in just as much danger and are just as exposed as a bicyclist. As I said, I've been able to get around the rule by riding an e-bike and saying it was an electric moped, which they allow because its just human only powered bicycle vehicles they choose to discriminate against.