Old 07-13-13, 12:37 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
We really don't need this. A far bigger problem in the USA today than night time drive thru access is excessive legislation with governments trying to micromanage every aspect of daily life.
I agree, Homeland Security sucks.

Originally Posted by dynodonn
Oh we really do, all one has to do and look at a few years back to see what happens when corporate management is left up to it's own devices.
THIS.

Originally Posted by FBinNY
And this is where we part company. You're entitled to your opinion, but I, for one, am much more afraid of excess micromanagement of our daily lives by legislatures that operate almost on whim.

We have to stop looking to government to fix every tiny "problem" and either address it ourselves or live with it. For the last few decades the fastest growing sector of the US economy is government. This is unsustainable in the long run (IMO it already is) but we'll never get it under control because everybody has some pet peeve that he feels needs to be fixed.
In this day and age of rampant excesses by those in positions of power and influence, we the people have to choose -- too much government or neo-feudalism. I'd like to choose Door #3 , but anarchy isn't too good a choice, either.