Old 09-16-05, 06:00 AM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I don't know about the attitudes of others that have posted for sure, although I strongly suspect some will agree with me.

I do not propose eliminating debate. Especially the debate that is genuine. I propose that the people should throttle themselves, and present their arguments in threads that are appropriate for the debate, and leave some other threads alone.

I think that even though the motivation is different, the atitude is the same as those that I click on the spam button for... My product/opinion is so important that you need to hear it again, regardless of whether the time/place is appropriate.

While I understand passion (I am passionate about helmets and other safety equipment) I don't insist on inserting discussion of helmets into every thread, even safety related threads. I probably have posted a few too many times about helmets though, and as I believe I said in my initial post, I need to think too.

I hope that there are always live threads on each of the wide variety of highly important and controversial topics, I just want to be able to seek refuge in some threads... Like this one (so far).

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson