View Single Post
Old 07-16-13, 10:54 AM
MattFoley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My in-laws live in Richmond (well, Midlothian to be precise), so I find myself down there a lot. I've been somewhat successful in motivating my FIL to ride, so my wife and I did the Tour of Richmond last year, and Cap2Cap this year...it's great to see Richmond embracing cycling as the 2015 UCI Road Championships approach. Are you doing Tour of Richmond this year? I did it with a 18ish mph average last year and I'm hoping to top that this year and get closer to 19 or 20mph without stopping as much. My wife and FIL will probably do the 59 mile route again.

Originally Posted by K. Legaspi
I am a chubby chubster at 240 lbs standing not-very-tall at 5'10". I hope to, one day, drop to 200 lbs but that's a long way since I eat as much as I ride. Lol.
I was 250 when I started dieting and about 200 when I started riding...I haven't been able to get under 190 in the couple years I've been riding, so I know the feeling of being stuck. I mean, at least riding keeps me in really good shape, but it also makes me HUNGRY and it's really tough to lose weight while eating enough to maintain high energy levels.