View Single Post
Old 07-16-13, 04:10 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 153 Posts
Many thanks kindly Mountainfolk!

Except I'm sad because I have to be heading back home on August 3rd, the day of the Copper Triangle.

What are the possibilities of staying in Frisco or Copper Mountain, and riding the Copper Triangle route unsupported the week before? Is this (click) pretty much the route? I've finished in the top 10% of the l'Etape du California fields over the last 3 years, so hopefully my reasonable fitness will help offset my sea-level acclimation. If so, your other recommended roads around Frisco, Breckinridge, etc sound mighty tasty.

Anybody have any favorite hotels around Frisco/Breckinridge, or do you guys pretty much treat the area as a day-ride, and drive back home at night?Doesn't HAVE to be high-end hotels (no wife or gf along to worry about), but I haven't been on a real vacation in 5 years and have some dosh saved. (Also the trip is to celebrate paying off my mortgage.)

Also heard a rumor that the road up Pikes Peak is now paved. Is that true?