View Single Post
Old 07-18-13, 07:41 AM
EddyR

Bikes: 1992, Cannondale R900. 1991 Paramount pdg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 68 Posts
To answer a few questions. The picture was taken just after assembly and nothing was set where it would finally be. I did move the break levers forward and the wheel went forward and then back to where it is in the picture. The chain is to long for this crankset, but the shifting is smooth and it now is a 7 speed freehub. The break levers are drilled Mafac and were on the bike so I used them. The Mafac levers look cool but I always found them to be to much of a reach for my fingers. This bike is to big for me so it will only get used for short Vintage rides. I talked with the son of the original owner ,deceased and he said his dad was 6ft 1in and I am 5ft 10in. I have updated several vintage bike to all modern equipment and STI but this was left like he road it in the 1980's. The bike sat almost unused from 1985 till I got it in 2011. The son did ride it a few times around 1995. The reason for the rear wheel change the original had a Maillard freelwheel and it had problems and I do not have that tool so the replacement went on as it was just sitting there saying use me and it is the same style wheel so it looks OK. Here is my very fancy paint booth for doing clear coat. The Raleigh and a Zeus frames
Ed Note I see someone changed the Grand to Gran in the title Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by EddyR; 07-18-13 at 11:51 AM.