Old 07-18-13, 01:27 PM
EddyR

Bikes: 1992, Cannondale R900. 1991 Paramount pdg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 68 Posts
olds 'cool
This bike came up on Charlotte CL two years ago for $25-30 and it reappeared the next day for $200. It went down and down to $80 and I went to see it. This guy new nothing and was selling it for someone who just got it. I offered him $60 and left with it. Later I got a email from the original seller telling me the bike was sold. I emailed him to tell him I had the bike and I got a little history about the bike. I researched all I could on Raleigh. Here is what is original to the bike. Frame,fork,stem,handlebars,chainwheel and crank arms,seat post,shifters. Here are the parts changed at the same time it was painted. Wheels-700,front derailleur,cable clamps and cable guide,original missing? , brake and brake levers. I do not know if the rear derailleur is original equipment. but it was worn out so I replaced it. I road it a little bit before I tore it down and the big 54 tooth chainwheel was a killer on a over sized bike. I now have that chainwheel on a 1972 55cm Super Course that I got from the original owner this winter. When I tore it down I looked very hard to find some of the original paint, white and blue but never found it. I forgot to ask the son about the original color.In the deapest parts of the frame and fork I found the bronze gold color. Did they paint any that color. The serial number puts it right in the 1972 1973 date line as far as I can tell.
Ed
Ed