Old 07-21-13, 07:48 PM
Rich Gibson 

Bikes: Fuji Rubaix 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Watch out! Grandpa Gibson's got a new bike

I purchased a Trek FX 7.6 last week and took it on a few trainer spins the past few days. The weather was nice today so I thought I'd try out my new wheels. Wow! I haven't ridden a bike in over forty years. Everything went fine going to the trail I've used for walking for 35 years. However that slope down on a bike is a real thriller! Before I knew it I was screaming when the trail changed to dirt and stones.... then I got to muddy ruts It was 1.5 miles of sheer hell trying to remember how to control this runaway machine until I reached the other end. I quickly got on a side street and everything was fine. Fascinating how much of a shock it was to my balance and reactions. After fifteen minutes taking the turns gradually and re-learning shifting I got the hang of it. I should have rode the asphalt roads first a while. The seat was not uncomfortable since I replaced it with a wider and slightly softer model. Despite having used an elliptic for seven years I was huffing and puffing on even the slight hills. I have a long way to go.

What a blast. Can't wait for tomorrow's ride.