View Single Post
Old 07-22-13, 08:47 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nicodemus
I'd love to see that. When I lived there, I used to commute to London occasionally (I lived in Horsham). I hated it, one of the most unnerving cities I've ever ridden in, on account of those narrow roads and all the "pedestrial barriers" at all the intersections that cram me up against busses and taxis. Ugh. I just can't imagine something as odd as cycle traffic jams in london! I haven't been in London since the congestion charge started. Hope it's better now than I remember it. Enjoy!
I never saw much difference after the congestion charge, it was still just as quick to walk across town as take the bus. That said I'm aware there are a lot more cyclists about than there used to be, and I don't think I'm only noticing them since I joined the ranks of cyclists.

As for the original question: Just hang around and you'll find Brits and ex-pats lurking around. Watch for odd language clues as well.
Oh yes, watch for people using silly foreign terms like tyre, centre, metre and talking about alien concepts like riding on the left and turning right across traffic.