Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Bicycle Addict
Sixty Fiver . . How many bikes do you regret moving on? I only ask as I am getting to be a bit of a collector and do not want it to spiral out of control (damn this drug called Bicycles)
I think the Moulton is lovely I would like a Moulton ATB one day, we will see.

Again thanks for the replies guys
I don't have any regrets when those bicycles go to people who really appreciate them... the friend that got my Trek had used it many times when she was my housemate and just loved it. I made some modifications to the controls for her as she injured her left hand and wrist quite badly and could not use the STI thumb shifter so it got a light action friction lever and then it was really her bike.

When she tells me this is the best bike ever and that she will never part with it that puts a smile on my face... it too got some significant upgrades from it's stock form to make it lighter and stiffer.

My nephew is thrilled with the Kuwahara Shasta as he has never owned a bicycle of such good quality... it is one of their hand built models and the parts I upgraded it with were rather stellar which makes it better than it was when it was new. I still have my Kuwahara Cascade which I have had for seven years and ridden close to 40,000 km as a commuter, winter bike, and now dedicated touring bicycle.

The Moulton is a good replacement for the Shasta as it is a capable all rounder with a beautiful ride quality, excellent performance, and has everything one would want in a commuter / utility bicycle and I do like my vintage British bicycles.

That Moulton, in case anyone wonders what we are talking about... the frame and suspension design is absolutely brilliant and it has a lot of modern upgrades to make a bicycle that was made in 1966 as capable as any bicycle built today.

I miss my old Raleigh Superbe and 1948 Rudge... I cannot sit upright on a bicycle for long because of my back and as such these bikes belonged to be with people who would appreciate them and again, they went to people I know who simply adore them.