Old 07-26-13, 08:47 AM
paulypro

Bikes: Ibis Mojo SL; De Rosa Giro de Italia; We the People Trust; All City Big Block; Genesis Croix de Fer; Ritchey Road Logic 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Without really knowing the area and just judging from the video, I thought the OP was riding too centered as well. I'm not commenting on legality, and I think the sheriff was out of line as well, but I would have been further towards the sidewalk given what I saw. I don't think it was an especially big deal, there was another lane to pass and traffic wasn't heavy, but I rarely ride in the center of a lane unless there is a definite need. I didn't see one here. I wouldn't call the OPs riding position rude or out of line, but it's not what I would have done given what I saw on video.

I don't know the area, I don't know the customs or culture...or even the speed limit along that road...so my opinion's value is not especially high.

Originally Posted by alan s
My sentiments, as well.

I would add that throwing down a bunch of paint on the road that doesn't really say what it's meant to say, is counterproductive, in my opinion. I'm also not speaking as to the legal issues that may or may not be involved, but the safety aspect. Setting up a connect the dots scheme that bikes are supposed to follow, if that is indeed the intent, is a bit ridiculous.
I agree! These markings don't give you any rights you didn't already have as cyclists, people.