View Single Post
Old 07-26-13, 11:35 AM
dalava

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10
There was someone earlier this month that posted a thread about a creaking/clicking noise. I too, have a distinct "CLICK" during hard efforts. This sound/feeling happens in small ring and large ring. It is NOT consistent to every pedal stroke, but sometimes I can make it happen if I push down and pull up firmly with my stroke. I can feel it in my feet when it happens, so it lead me to believe with was the crank, crank arms or pedals.

This is what I have done in the past week to try and solve the issue:

-LBS cleaned and greased my headset and crankset for me

I have cleaned and greased:
-chain ring bolts
-pedal spindles
-pedals
-taken cleats off and cleaned bolts, surface and shoes where the bolts screw into
-Chain
-I have swapped to new look cleats to see if maybe mine were simply old, didn't help
-taken out seatpost to clean
-cleaned and greased all the bolts in the seatpost and clamps
-stem bolts
-Swapped out my skewers with shimano ultegras and it still clicked

I dont know what else to clean or check!!! I have noticed that I simply dont want to ride this week because I just get frustrated when I hear it.
BTW, what material is the frame? I had a ti bike that had creaks when I pedal hard, it turned out that during the hard effort, the frame flexed enough to have chain rub against the drive side seat-stay.