View Single Post
Old 07-27-13, 10:40 AM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cvskates
Is that your regular commute? I feel so soft with my 12km each way.
My regular commute used to involve turning north at mile 2.75 to a train station 2 more miles away. It is now turning left at mile nine to a train station 1/4 mile up that road. The thirty mile ride is done twice a week after work.

There are two more train stations at 18 and 22 miles, but that would involve a different route, and since any of those would involve catching a later train than I usually do, I just go all the way to San Clemente and catch it there, rather than wait longer for it. I did used to go to those when I wad building up my mileage. I still do once in a while when I feel like exploring some challenging hills along the way, like this one. http://app.strava.com/activities/66236239#1267636537

I actually walk my bike under the tracks at the station at mile eighteen, and fly past the station at mile 22 on a MUP. I used to have the schedule flexibility to catch the Amtrak at this station, but Amtrak started being dicks about bikes on the train. My monthly Metrolink pass used to get me on the Amtrak, but now bikes are excluded from that deal.