donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fangowolf
Sounds like a 105 disc trucker to me. Hey I have my LHT drops that I will never use if you want an official DHT handlebar
the thought has crossed my mind, I could change the chainrings and use the SLX 11-36 cassette and prob have very similar gearing as what I plan to have now... but then I have to buy some road specific disc brakes and other tidbits I don't want to deal with... also I've been very fond of the H bars with the shimano dual control setup and I think for a touring based bake they will be a perfect mix... also if anything I'd rather go down to 8 speed with it rather than up to 10 speed as parts availability are so much better (prob would never been an issue though)... and if I went to a drop bar I'd likely go barcons... I LOVE downtube shifters as long as my bars are high enough that I can use the drops for more then a few brief moments

I want to build up a road bike down the road so those parts will probably goto that, I still am trying to figure out $$$ for building up a soma ES (fits the lovely 32c tires)... also surly just dropped the surly straggler information... due out in Sept... or on the budget side I can get the motobecane frame and fork that should fit me very well for super cheap...

so lots of options...