Old 07-29-13, 02:51 PM
Buzzatronic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curly666
It's all about defensive riding and common sense, someone in front of you has their signal light on use you head and let them turn, someday you're going to be "dead right".
I completely agree and have mentioned multiple times in this thread the things I've learned to do better next time. However, this driver also made significant mistakes, most notably a late turn signal that I also missed. By law they are supposed to signal no less than 100 feet before their turn. They did not. In addition, they are supposed to yield to bikes in the bike lane, they did not. (I think what saved me was the pedestrian/dog on the sidewalk that they also almost hit).

If something bad had happened (thank goodness it did not), it would not have been "totally" my fault at all, it actually would have been the fault of the driver who could have been cited for two distinct violations in this case.

That fact doesn't help much if I'm laid up in the hospital (or worse), but to say it's "totally" my fault is not correct.