View Single Post
Old 09-17-05, 06:59 PM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveE
I disagree. I see more what I would call "casual" cyclist blowing through stop lights and stop signs than "experienced" cyclists. Pretty much all of the guys and gals I know who are members of local racing clubs understand that they are kitted out in jerseys with their sponsors names and if they flagrantly disregard the rules of the road, the sponsors will hear about it and may have second thoughts about continuing their sponsorship in the future.
I SO wish this way true...

Around here we have what is called the "raincross ride", i.e. all out balls fest, everyone for themselves mashfest, representatives from a few local groups. Hmmm... lets see, 10 - 12 - 15 + ran stop signs... now reds are another story... we almost never run these.

On a local solo ride I about 90 percent of time follow the rules of the road... there are times that the rules become impractical... like a run turn light in the middle of the night with no traffic for miles, or something like Victoria Ave with 50,000 stop signs in a short distance, etc.

Not everyone is a turd...