View Single Post
Old 07-30-13, 10:21 AM
JackoDandy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Please don't think Seattle is any less hilly than San Francisco!
I think non of us 'Seattleites' are talking about the elephant in the room - the weather. We moved to the Seattle area from the Bay area in 2005 and without a doubt the biggest anti-cycling aspect in WA is the weather. In the Fall-Spring timeframe its not unusual to see 20+ days of rain,rain,rain in a row. Then a day or to of greyness and then another 20 days of rain. Many people will tell you to toughen up and embrace the rain bit it does get to you. Its also a good 20 degrees colder than SF in the winter.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just telling you my experiences. When we moved here in November 2005, one of the first things I did was buy a North Face jacket - it was freezing. We had lived in the Bay area for a decade and all my clothes were too light. I remember dancing in the rain as we hadnt seen such rain in years. Then we realized the rain wasnt going away. We stopped dancing a few weeks later.

At least your'e in the downtown area, and that's usually a little warmer, but Telegraph Avenue in the fall, it aint

Last edited by JackoDandy; 07-30-13 at 10:26 AM.