View Single Post
Old 07-31-13, 09:53 AM
mullenium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dynaryder
I've owned several Dews. Only complaint was the current alloy P2 fork isn't as nice as the older steel one. Fixed it by swapping the stock 32's for 37's. Otherwise I love the bike's handling and fit.
Originally Posted by dawes56
Great bike at a great price. I bought a Dew Deluxe in 2006 and have been very satisfied with the bike... although back then they came with mech discs.
No complaints about them though.. stops on a dime even in the rain.... and I paid 600 plus tax here in MD...maybe I should move to OR!

Enjoy the bike
Pete
Originally Posted by teicher
Good choice, I just bought a 2013 Kona Dew Plus myself. I love it, I test rode a lot of bikes and the Dew Plus really stood out for me. The only bike that was close was the 2013 Cannondale Quick CX 4, and it had mech discs, lower grade shimano components, and more logos and weird paint job than the Kona. I like the minimalist look of the Kona bikes, it's a relief from the noise you see on most new bikes.

I ended up returning it as the frame size 59 was a tad too big for me.

I went down the street to another shop selling the Raleigh Misceo 2.0's for 400 out the door

the components are not as good (alot of avenir stuff, tektro novella mech disc brakes instead of the shimano hydraulics the kona had, acera R/D instead of deore, and EZ fire shifters instead of rapidfire) but overall im happy since the fit is better, and the price was good that I can upgrade some things and come out pretty close to the kona for the price

size 59cm 2012 Kona was $492
size LG 2013 Raleigh was $400