Old 07-31-13, 10:04 AM
Rootman

Bikes: 2015 Giant Roam 2 Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
So, Hydraulic Disc Brakes - love 'em or hate 'em?

So, Hydraulic Disc Brakes - love 'em or hate 'em?

I got my Giant brand Roam 2 that came with hydraulic brakes and I love them. While I recognize the fact that they are completely unnecessary and a good pair or rim brakes can produce more than enough stopping power - ohhh are they nice. Especially when it's wet out. They require a lot less effort on the brake lever too, grip fast and seem to produce more controllable and even stopping power. Plus, NO brake cables to adjust EVER. The guy who sold it to me might of been blowing smoke out his you-know-what but he says that in the few years he's been there he has never had anyone complain about them and that besides replacing pads they have never had to service a hydraulic system beyond bleeding them. Its nice when it comes to wheel removal too, my ham fists always had problem disconnecting the rim brakes on my other bike, not hard to do really, just a challenge getting them undone and reconnected. Not having to disconnect brakes just means one less thing to do when it comes to tube replacement etc.

So, what do you guys think about them? I didn't bother riding the Roam with cable disc brakes, are they significantly different than the hydraulic ones?