Old 08-02-13, 08:37 AM
kaisersling
An un-oiled squeaky wheel

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Triestina Gran Turismo, Mercian King of Mercia (Floppy); Fuji 500X; GT backwoods; Tour de Suisse; Diamond Back Interval

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Have you tried the river route through the Delaware Water Gap, Belvidere, Phillipsburg, Milford, Frenchtown, etc.? it's a great ride and not that hilly. You can take the D&R feeder canal path from Frenchtown to Trenton and then head back up the main path to New Brunswick. Here are a few photos taken this spring between Matamoras, PA NY and Upper Black Eddy, PA, across from Milford, NJ, with a detour to the Lakota Wolf Preserve:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davez20...7633368316419/

The Delaware Water Gap Nat'l Recreation Areas is great in the spring, especially during the week. Almost no traffic except for fisherman and bird watchers. When I rode it two years ago I got to follow a truck that was stocking a stream with trout. Fun to watch. A few locals were following along to see where they were putting the fish.
I haven't ridden that route. Though I may do the Black Bear Century (thought the 10,000ft vertical is a bit scary) or just do your suggested route on my own. Great pics by the way. I dont think I have it in me any more to slog a bunch of miles then sleep on the ground. Kudos. I am tossing around the idea of riding to montreal in the spring, but i will be staying in hotels.