Old 08-03-13, 03:25 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
I had never heard of Lizard Skins until reading this thread so I just looked it up. Yup. P.T.Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute. You can buy good looking, completely serviceable bar tape for under $10 and the majority of doofuses posting on this thread think spending $30-40 a pop for overrated plastic tape makes sense. If ever there was a case of more money than brains, this has to be it. It's bar tape! You wrap your bars. They get sweaty. They get dirty. So you do it again as cheaply as you can. It ain't rocket science. Lizard Skins! I have to remember that for when I'm looking for way to squander the family inheritance. LOL
I am replying to my own post in order to apologize to any Lizard Skin devotees I may have offended. Honestly, I was just trying to have a little fun. Yes, I believe in the value principles I mentioned, but I did totally ignore the rights of everyone to make their choices and spend their money as they like in the course of some tongue-in-cheek repartee. I am sorry for that. In case you are wondering what brought this on, let me direct you to the Shimano vs. Campagnolo thread. After being subjected to Camapg4Life's incredible verbal abuse for several pages just for having a divergent opinion, I realize that civility is pretty important in this forum participation thing. Toward better behavior in the future.