Old 08-04-13, 12:27 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Long story short - I was at the car and did not hear the call for the podium for the M45 race. Someone else did and said "Sara, get up there, they just called your name for the podium". Huh? So, I finished changing (look at the photo, I'm not in my kit) and RAN over to the podium (another parking lot, far, far away). When I got there, I was told I belonged on the podium, I'd gotten second in 60+ (NOT from a race official, by the way), so I got up there and never even noticed the medals. My bad! I assumed something - my worse! Newbie racer, right?

I'm not one to make a stink. As I said, I don't know what happened with the placing, but I'd like to. That is all. I'm not contesting it. I did what I wanted to do. I proved to me I CAN race with the other women, I'm better than I thought, I'm going to have a good season next year, and they now know me. In a good way. That's worth so much more to me now than arguing about fourth verses second, and it's more to the point. My point.