Old 08-05-13, 03:35 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
I use a glasses mounted mirror. I don't find myself being involuntarily drawn to look at it so wouldn't characterize it as being distracting. I position it up and to the left so it's largely out of my forward field of view. Of course it has the pros and cons that have already been enumerated. Among the pros that outweigh the cons as far as I'm concerned are low vibration, large true-to-size FOV, and scan by moving head. Plus, I don't dork up the bike with a mirror. I dork up myself instead.

I bought the "Take a LOOK Mirror" yesterday and took it for a ride today. Once again the mirror seems to block a portion of my FOV to the left that I do not find pleasing. The real bother though was that while I could see traffic behind me very well, I could also see the brightness of my own "day glow" yellow jersey while looking over my shoulder. It was almost like having a yellow light shining in my eyes the whole time. I really couldn't deal with that.

When I got home I considered and tried mounting it to the helmet but couldn't seem to find a position that would work. Than I took a look at the photo ( above ) and could see that you have yours bent a little different than mine. I bent mine so it was a little higher. Haven't tried it on the bike yet but I don't think I'll be seeing my jersey which is a big improvement. I can see a little of the wire but that doesn't bother me. This should also be an improvement that will also improve my FOV to the left...hopefully.