Old 08-07-13, 09:17 AM
kmv2

Bikes: Bianchi circa late 1980s, Surly Cross Check, Kona Blast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlanoFuji
LexKing. Thanks for the link; however, those have the same issue I mentioned. They don't work with infants (or whatever the term is for the period from birth to about a year). I am truly curious what parents of really young children do to take their infants to the doctor, etc.. if they are without a car and rely on bicycles for transportation. Since it doesn't appear that any devices are made to safely transport children that young.

None of the carfree people I personally know are in this situation, but none of them would be able to rely on public transit (too limited in origins and destinations) to accomodate routine child medical care not to mention more urgent (but not emergency) care.
Walk (with stroller), take public transit (with stroller), call a taxi? In emergencies, there is a thing called an "amberlamps" or something that comes and gets you from your house and brings you to the hospital. Shocking, I know.

Some people carpool or ask relatives/friends for help too. Most cities have a car share program now too. One other option is to request a house call, I know it can be done where I live.

Also, your town has pretty crappy public transit if it doesn't go to medical centres..

Last edited by kmv2; 08-07-13 at 09:22 AM.