Old 08-07-13, 09:36 AM
kmv2

Bikes: Bianchi circa late 1980s, Surly Cross Check, Kona Blast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PlanoFuji
Your sarcasm is noted (and quite childish). I was asking from legitimate interest. In most of the US, walking and public transit are not really options. Taxi's are certainly an option but can get extremely expensive very quickly. Since children under 1 need to see doctors suprisingly often for non-ambulance (which are also EXTREMELY expensive) level reasons I am curious how car-free folks can accomplish those trips since apparently none of the bicycle child carriers are designed for children under 1 year...

Yes, it is shocking how rude folks on this forum are. One would think that riding bicycles would improve moods, which evidence indicates is not the case.
Don't ask a silly question if you don't expect a silly answer.

Taxis can get expensive quick, yes.. but so can owning a car. One or two ~40km round trip taxi rides here equates to about a month of just the cost of a month's auto insurance. Also, multiple alternate solutions noted.

Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption but I don't picture the average "car free" parents living in a rural nowhere, 50 miles from the nearest town. I'd like to hear from them also.
It annoys me when they are portrayed as hapless rubes for not owning a car. Your questions imply that.