Old 08-07-13, 01:11 PM
8bits

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Murakami
Can I ask why? Considering a T1 myself at the moment and not 100% set on it over the DF3.
Originally Posted by carleton
I'm not 8Bits, but basically, the T1 is a basic aluminum track frame. Nothing particularly special about it. It's not worth the MSRP of $1,250. It's worth around $700 (give or take). That's what a comparable frame from another manufacturer would cost. You are paying extra for the Cervelo name.
I've ridden the Look 464, Felt TK3, Cinelli Vigorelli, Giant Omnium and the T1, I would say the T1 is above them in terms of frame aerodinamic shapes and in my personal opinion it felt the best one on the track too but that is not based on hard facts.

As Carleton said, MRSP for the T1 is $1250 and I think it's too much for the frame, $900 would be fair by my accounts.
Other annoying points on the T1 is that Cervelo didn't make the dropouts to be replaceable so if you happen to overtighten your wheel and crimp the dropout because of it (over a long period of course) it is annoying knowing that your only choice is to use a thug to keep your chain with the proper tension. The other annoying point is good and bad at the same time, the T1 have a proprietary aero carbon seatpost, it works like a charm and it doesn't slip BUT if you happen to be in a crash at the track and your post is damaged you are ****ed yet again, you need to resort to a cervelo dealer, wait for the part and pray that it doesn't cost a leg and an arm. The DF3 doesn't have none of these problems, it's a proven geometry/frame ridden by Hoy as Carleton mentioned before.