Thread: Dogs
View Single Post
Old 08-08-13, 03:04 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
I can't even believe there's discussion about carrying guns to shoot at dogs. It's ****ing disgusting.

Want to know what I did the last time I was chased by a dog? I stopped and began to pet it.
What's disgusting is that there are scumbag dog owners who let their animals chase other people. The person being chased has no way of knowing whether the dog is playful or aggressive, whether it will bite or roll over and play, and that's even assuming the person wants to play at all. Many people don't like dogs, so to assume that everybody loves your dog as much as you do is presumptuous at best.

If I'm chased by a dog I have precisely zero interest in finding out if it's friendly or not. If you don't want your dog kicked in the head keep it on the lead or supervise it closely enough it doesn't harass other people. If your dog jumps up at me more than once when I'm on foot I'll punch it in the head too. Done that a few times. One dog was half asphyxiated as I dragged it by its collar back to its owners who clearly weren't paying the blindest bit of attention to what their animal was doing.